Do you have what it takes to engage teachers, help them to identify their strengths, and support them in the development of their CLASS-based interactions?
Summary: The MTP™ Coach is responsible for implementing all aspects of the MyTeachingPartner™ coaching model, including: training teachers, implementing bi-weekly cycles with each teacher throughout the program year, individualizing coaching techniques according to teacher goals, maintaining fidelity to the MTP™ research-based model, and providing information to monitor implementation.
Note: This position will support the implementation of a research study for 4th and 5th grade teachers across the country. However, coaches can be located anywhere in the continental U.S. because the coaching will be provided by phone or video calls. Special considerations for the duties and timing of this contract work are outlined below. Coaches must pass a federal security clearance and CLASS Upper Elementary (UE) reliability in order to coach.
- This is a general timeline. Specific dates will be provided upon receipt of job offer.
- July 2018:
- attend CLASS UE Observation and MTP Coach training (TBD)
- complete reliability testing and follow up mock cycles from the training
- complete security clearance
- August 2018/September 2018:
- conduct teacher trainings in assigned school districts (TBD)
- travel to and from teacher trainings
- prepare for cycle work
- October 2018-May 2019:
- conduct MTP coaching cycles and complete other duties as assigned
**This is a contract position**